......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Saturday 28 July 2012

I have absolutely no idea how to handle this situation



How many times a day do you think "I have absolutely no idea how to handle this situation"?


Every day at some point in my day I have to actively make a conscious effort to decide how to react to a given situation. It could be the whole day or part of it or just one wee bit of it. 

It has become easier over the years to not react as a stress head anger pod shoutoid maniac. It has become easier over the years to not WANT to react with a knee jerk incomprehensible reprimand. It has become easier over the years to think an offering of delectable delights or shiny offerings is the answer to my worlds problems. It has become easier over the years to decide to react consciously. 

Some days I feel unconscious, some days I can react unconsciously. Either with a negative effect or with a positive effect. 



But...


Some days I still have absolutely no idea how to handle a situation. 

All I know is, I want to know I did so in a way, that left everyone feeling included, listened to, accepted, worthy, wanted and loved. I don't think that's a big ask. I'm happy to know my kids expect it and deserve it. 

The fact is, everyone deserves it. 



One day at a time. That's how I do it. That, and a lot of swearing in a darkened room!!


No comments:

Post a Comment