......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 10 -The Day I Did So Very Little

Holy crappito my bum bone is total agony I can barely move and getting out of bed takes major breathing effort.

I am so going back to sleep today. I don't care what happens. I am going back to sleep. When everyone else wakes up, hubby takes Millie and aaahhhh bliss, I go back to sleep. YAY!!

Once awake, we go swimming. The last time we went swimming was a complete nightmare. This time was excellent!! Man it makes such a difference having an extra pair of hands. I have Millie in a water sling. What a fantastic sling. I can catch jumping children left right and centre it's ace!! I momentarily forget that just because hubby is holding Mille for a bit doesn't mean I can go for a few lengths. Three kids that can't swim, two that can't touch the bottom not a great combination for one adult!! Damn no exercise for me.

Wonderful hubby takes the girls and cousin Jack to the park for the rest of the afternoon and evening so I chill on the couch with Millie. That is until she wakes up and the pizza I ate has kicked in and she starts screaming in pain and won't stop. I feel so guilty and helpless. I give her Nux vomica and fennel tea and massage her tummy and she eventually calms down and does some green poop and falls asleep. I feel so bad. 

So it turns out Maia fell asleep too. She comes home with hubby but wakes up as soon as he puts her into bed. She thought she was lying on Millie and got a fright! Late night again it seems. 

Hubby goes out for drink with a friend and I take the path of least resistance...I manage to watch one more thing of my choice before the girls get to choose. 

Upstairs an argument ensues about which books to read and I have a slight paddy at the wet bed from this morning which is still wet with its wet bed stuff still on grrr. Decant everyone to big bed and Millie wakes up so make an executive decision for no book. So whilst I change, pee and feed Millie back to sleep, I recount todays events. Ellie falls asleep half heartedly hitting, kicking and saying "I don't love you I don't like you I hate you, you didn't read a story" over and over. She is exhausted and is asleep within 5minutes. 

Maia on the other hand is like the Duracell bunny on acid.


Meltdowns - an exhausted short bedtime one
Losing the Plot - an exhausted short bedtime one
Breastfeeding - an exhausted short bedtime one

No comments:

Post a Comment