......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Thursday 12 July 2012

Day 8 - More Sleep Please


Bit more sleep Bit more sleep Bit more sleep Bit more sleep Bit more sleep pleeeeeeeeaaaaase!!!

Look around beautifully tidy bedroom then look in hall and remember why!!

Maybe we could build an extra room and just push everything in there? It's an amazingly great feeling if not very effective way of clearing a room!!

Spend next hour or so reading Maia her birthday book, pooing Millie and lamenting my post partum hair loss. I kept finding hairs on Millie and the bed and couldn't figure out where they were coming from till I ran my hands through my hair today!!

Decide that the girls have been so busy this week I won't hassle them about watching some tv. I just wish they'd choose a wildlife documentary or similar instead of spongeface arseypants. Ah well kids will be kids!!

Settle Millie for a sloph in conservatory and decide wether to sort out the various piles around the house. Try to engage the girls in clearing upstairs pile but they want none of it. Then ask Ellie to chuck me something and it works!! Spend next while having various clothes and toys thrown to me! Genius! 20min later Millie wakes for a poo.

Millie manages to sit happily long enough for me to fill the pool for the girls. I notice the dog has made lots of holes in it with his paws. I go get the strong tape from the car and realise hubby locked it with his key last night at 5am when the alarm went off. My car key is inside. Just as well we have no plans today!

It's now 1pm, the girls are getting hungry. Well I assume they are till I notice Ellie sitting with a bowl of icing sugar and Maia scoffing her leftover birthday cake. Hubby says I often sound like Marge Simpson. Hmmm. 

Anyway Millie just won't settle long enough for me to sort lunch and I end up back slinging her. She is asleep within a minute. I'm not too keen because I carried her on my back all yesterday at nurture nature and I can feel it protesting after 5mins. Once lunch is cooked I try to place her on the sofa and unclip her.

It doesn't work. She wakes up as soon as she doesn't feel me. I give up and go upstairs intending to feed her to sleep on the bed. She needs more poo. I can't help wondering if the Chinese I had last night is having an affect on her. I did ask for no MSG.

Not long after, the girls follow me upstairs and we all sit together reading Madeleine. All is calm. Millie is calm. The girls are kind of calm. Then the bloody doorbell goes. It's the shammyman. The spell is broken. The girls start rambunctious play on the bed. Millie starts screaming and I can feel myself close to losing it. I leave them to it and as calmly as possible (not completely)ask them NOT to come into the double bed room whilst I try to feed Millie to sleep. I suggest the paddling pool as the sun has emerged again for 5minutes. Bloody summer my arse.


She sleeps. I tidy













She wakes.
I'll leave it for another time.


Meltdowns - none
Losing the plot - almost
Breastfeeding - stomp chomping down girlie girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment