......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 9 - The Day My Bum Broke

I always try to do as little housework as possible on the weekend to help recharge for the coming week. The only problem with that, is the place becomes kind of unmanageable and Barry has to do more than usual. The best plan is to not be at home. This happened today.

Maia, for her birthday, wanted to go to soft play and swimming. We did soft play today. 

Grandpa, Barbara, Daddy and the girls
I am still amazed when the girls go off and play on their own because till Ellie was about 3 and Maia was similar age, they would always need and want me to go in with them. I didn't really mind but sometimes it would have been good to just sit like the other mums. When young, it was a great way to stay connected with them, tire them out and helped me feel better about taking them to somewhere kind of  'mainstream'. 

So today, I promised I would go on with them as Barry could hold Millie. 



Two things I learnt today from going to soft play

1) I may be too old to go into the soft play now - I severely injured my coccyx going down the steep scary slide with Ellie. 

2) I scream louder than any kid in there going down the steep scary slide with Ellie. 

After soft play, we went to a restaurant for lunch with a whole bunch of family members. 

I now have a brilliant tip for going to a restaurant with my girls. Knacker them out first at soft play!! 

Restaurants are not something we can usually do with the girls. They find it hard to wait for food and tend to not realise yet that restaurants are different to eating at home. We end up getting so stressed at trying to keep them calm and it's not fair on them to expect they can do it. But woah!!! Soft play beforehand...brilliant!!!!

I also managed a first today with the help of older cousin Jack. Whilst the girls were happily off playing, I managed to sit and watch a film without too much disturbance!!! In fact it was a lovely evening with hubby's sisters and even though the girls didn't get to sleep till about midnight, it all seemed so ok!

Except that once again we didn't manage dinner till late so I did something daft and ordered pizza. I kind of hope she might not react to the wheat, but I just know Millie and I will be regretting my decision tomorrow. 

Meltdowns - none
Losing the Plot - none
Breastfeeding - wheat laden :-( sorry Millie


No comments:

Post a Comment