......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Monday 11 March 2013

Mentions of Menstruation

It's been a busy weekend, the kind where I have been a hormonally mega crazy woman from hell with a big bloaty tummy and a grumpface. I got my period.  Every time the girls see my mooncup or its contents, they ask if I am having a baby.

In ye olden times in the caves and such, women who were menstruating took time out of their lives and rested and reflected and chilled.  Menstruation was a sacred time.  A relaxing time. A time to listen to your body and follow the ebb and flow of emotions and feelings.

The chances of this happening round here are fairly slim but as its the weekend, I get to lie in a bit longer which is blissful if not a little noisy on Sunday from the girls running around shrieking. All.  The. Time. uber excited that its Mothers Day and checking if I have woken up yet.

Ellie slept at grandmas on Friday night so Saturday morning was quiet and peaceful, mainly because I gave Maia my phone with YouTube and sent her back to her bedroom!! Somehow the day just frittered away in a mass of nothingness and unproductiveness.  Hubby took up the slack on dishes duty and we muddled through rather effectively...until.....Saturday night's bedtime fun.  Its a new game, its been played once before.  I was feeling too bleugh to remember details from last time except that they really enjoyed it.  This time too, I couldn't help but revel in their joy of this game.....until....I remembered.  It involves pretty much ALL their clothes.  Which of course, end up ALL over the floor.

Sunday morning rolls around.  The 'quiet' lie in happens.  The girls hand out their cards and eat my toblerone gift and then they decide to do a jumble sale of their toys. So, ALL their toys are brought out to inspect and decide if they are being sold.  So now, the upstairs is covered in ALL their clothes, the downstairs is covered in ALL their toys and the kitchen is covered in ALL our dishes.  Happy Mother's Day indeed.

The whole of Sunday was spent restoring the house.  The girls trawl the neighbours with their jumble in a basket and come back with a ton of money and a full basket.  It turns out that after no success selling her wares, Ellie decides to collect for charity instead and tells people she is collecting for cancer!! I'm slightly shocked and amazed at her ingenuity.  She realises she cant keep the money and takes the news very well!!

We attend a family party in the evening which was really lovely, but by now, after Tidying Sunday (not Mothering Sunday), I am knackered and in pain in my back and front and just curl up on the sofa and scowl.  

I'm such a joy to be around!




Meltdowns - none
Losing the Plot - just a wee one honest guv!
Breastfeeding - feels so different at this time of the month.  How amazingly weird are hormones??




No comments:

Post a Comment