......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Sunday 3 March 2013

Joy Day


I showed the doctor what I'd written down because I always cry when I talk about what's going on for me at the moment. He basically said most of it sounds normal for a mum with three kids, my kids were great and I was very lucky...but let's give them a try and see how you feel in a month. They also take 6-8 weeks to kick in. I'm not great at math but that doesn't add up to me. Anyway. I came home took one at lunch time, felt nauseous for two hours later and couldn't eat again till the evening. Now that was an unexpected bonus!!


Fact is I was still not sure I should/wanted be taking them, then hubby came home with a new Potters herbal potion and I changed my mind and went with them instead. A heady mixture of valerian varian and hops. Apparently I'd be better off drinking beer for the hops, but I don't like beer. I feel more comfortable taking the herbal remedy 'for the symptomatic relief of tenseness, irritability or agitation due to the stresses and strains of modern life.

I was incredibly and irrationally pissed off that hubby had brought them home on the same day that I'd made the decision, braved the doctors and taken a pill already. But I took a few Potters (from now on called Pot) tablets and decided to Let. It. Go.


Now to find my JOY. Started with a dog walk with my mother and Millie had her first encounter with the outside ground in a wood. It's finally dry enough! She'll be a NIN (nurture in nature) baby yet! I feel bad that she has not had the NIN experience yet unlike her sisters who were practically outdoors from birth!





Meltdown - possibly a smallish one over non food eating
Losing the plot - over the car seat. Every trip (the eldest one)
Breastfeeding - every couple of hours at night, prob teething, no sleep








No comments:

Post a Comment