......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Thursday 16 August 2012

Non-child thats me..I am non-child related


[ok J here is a status update for you that is non-child related, although indirectly I guess it is...because, I guess that's what my life is now, child-related. After all I am just a mum. and because J,

♫ I believe the children are our future, let them teach us the beauty we posses inside, or is it...I believe the children are our future teach them well and let them lead the way,  either way, the children do both.   

It could be related to boobs too, (cos I might one day have a go on it and I might get wet and have boobs.  wet boobs. showing. See, that's non-child related.  Although, I guess that could be child-related too since so are boobs..which I also talk about, cos they are awesome).

It could be about learning about technical non-child related stuff like pressure and force, although I might at some point, post about how I find it brilliant that my child-related-small-things-that-merely-exist-in-my-life-that-I-am-responsible-for-not-fucking-up know about things like pressure and force because I have found a way to fix it. 

It could be about non-child related food since being outdoors is a great way to build up an appetite, I also talk about nutritious, organic, high quality healthy food and its counterpart, but, shit,  that could be child, non-child or adult non-adult, my life, non-my life related since we all eat food...(oh i'm beginning to like this song more and more now,  ♫ I believe the children are our future  ) ....anyway

It could be about angles that's technical non-child related stuff again, I could've misstyped that as angels, (a former boyfriend once wrote angles instead of angels on a mix tape for me and now I always think of angles and angels together), but damn, then it would be child-related..

hey..whaddya know I can't write about non-child related things.....I don't always agree with The Feminist Breeder, but I liked this post, it might help you J.

Anyway,

So, here is my sort of non-child related status update:-

We have a slip and slide from tesco, the water doesn't squoosh through the hose to the holes like it is supposed to. I've tried a shorter and a longer hose.

Why not?


I wanted to put, Maia bought it with her B'day money, but that would not make it non-child related.  

{Whilst writing this post, aside from EC'ing and feeding Millie back to sleep, twice,  I found this, substitute parent for teacher on most of it and especially the '14 things that matter most' bit. I agree with most of it. Might write about that, but don't look at either post,  if you are only interested in non-child related stuff)



Meltdowns - aplenty..first day back to school and nursery, so tired bunny's
Losing the plot - petulant teenager styleeeee, felt like a kid in the back of the car fighting with my brother.
Breastfeeding - unable to in car as boobs don't reach to front seat.  note to self and hubby: for long journey seats need repositioned







No comments:

Post a Comment