......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Friday 28 June 2013

It'snot fun


Just when I thought my days of crawling through germ infested smelly tunnels and climbing up manky pain inducing rope ladders was over, the soft play strikes again. 


This time with all three of my girls now able to enjoy the mahassoove gross space of snot and lingering urine I find myself being pulled in three different directions. 

In my head it seemed like a perfect plan, Maia had been invited to the party, so Ellie, Millie and I would hang out in the baby area, right next to the main bit and I wouldn't need to move much because Millie would follow Ellie and it would be small and baby easy and Ellie could go to the main bit and everyone could see each other. Except, it wasn't.  It had been refurbished and maxed out. The baby area was now the furthest possible place away from the main bit and was huge. It wasn't fair to let Millie be dragged round by Ellie and besides I was *needed* to go with. Look. Look. Look at this mummy. Look. Look. Look at me mummy!! Millie meanwhile was in plastic ball licking heaven and I gave up trying to stop that, hoping my breast milk would provide enough immunity. 


Then Maia wanted me to be with her in the main bit, so we all traipsed over there     but its impossible to keep up with the girls whilst also following at Millie's pace on her ball licking expedition. Ellie kept getting upset because she would zoom off, expect me to follow her then eventually come back and accuse me of leaving her behind???!


Then it was party room time but as Ellie wasn't the invited one, I had to leave Maia there and take a sobbing Ellie away. A few mins later, Maia turned up beside us because she did not want to stay in the room without me. So, it was another family trip in the main bit this time 'helping' Millie to go the same places with a ball in each hand!  

We are heading for the tramampolines. Ellie had excitedly said before we went, that she wanted to go there with Millie. Unfortunately in her excitement, on her way up a slope, she whacked a wee girl in the face. She then refused to even acknowledge she had done anything and did her annoying pretending to hurt herself thing as if that would negate what she had done. I was really upset that she seemed oblivious to the other girls upset which made Ellie upset and basically it all went pear shaped from then on. By the time we made it to the tramampolines, Ellie refused to go on them saying she never wanted to in the first place and sat crying. Wow that girl confuses me and makes situations WAY more difficult than they need to be. She eventually calmed down and wanted to show me something elsewhere and I decided to go along with it and try and bring us back on track. The higher and higher we were climbing, the hotter and hotter it was becoming. I could see far down below all the other mums and dads sitting chatting, drinking pina coladas (not really!) and generally enjoying their alone time -  except for one dad peculiarly randomly running at top speed every few mins towards the play area?? This was not enjoyable. I needed to get down. I needed to find my happy place.  This time I was smart enough not to take the sore bum slides!! 


It really was the most stressful time in a fun place I have had in a long time. 

I think I'll wait till Millie is old enough to follow the girls by herself. I miss being able to sit. Or else, hubby can take them next time. 

I swear to you though,  if I see any sign of snot I am suing! Mind you it's probably my girls spreading this time since they've both been spiking fevers the last few days!! Oops. My bad.

Meltdowns - several
Losing the plot - just my mind
Breastfeeding - had better do what it says on the tin




No comments:

Post a Comment