......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Saturday 8 June 2013

If music be the food of love


Music has always been sort of an emotional soundtrack for me. I listen and love the words and move and LOVE dancing to the tunes. Words of certain songs always catch me in my head and heart first which move me emotionally then the tune enters my body to move me physically.
 I also find I often hear songs in the words that people say when they speak or type and find it really hard not to burst into song! I also used to be the one who would have the same song on repeat endlessly until I'd learnt the words or drowned my thoughts or soundtracked a depressed period. The Sheryl Crow song 'No-one said it would be easy'  has featured heavily in my life, especially during a particularly hard relationship which was fairly near it's end! 

Anyway today I caught some time and was listening to another song that I felt particularly soundtracked my life once called "I'm waiting for my real life to begin" by Colin Hay. I'd been reminded of it recently and was wondering if it still rang true, so wanted to remember the lyrics. 

Whilst listening to it and knowing that obviously 'This IS my real life', its always been my real life, warts and all, and despite hubby being away for 6 days (so first time ever I've been with all three on my own for so long) then him coming home and us having a big argument where I was - what looked like from afar - a crazy lady bawling at her husband in the street as he (finally after being home 2days) leaves the house taking with him all three kids (which I practically had to manhandle into the car), I realise that the song although having a glimmer of recognition for newer and greener pastures (en-famille of course!), doesn't ring so negatively anymore. 
BUT and I kid you not, the next lot of songs/words that came after this song were, a song called:-

I wish I still drank whiskey wine and beer 

And a tv program called:-

How not to live your life


Someone should make a song called:- "connection IS the key but fuck me its 10.30pm and neither of us can work out how to finish this game level, lets watch it on youtube and then lets go the fuck to bed"



Meltdowns - diverted with connection
Losing the Plot - inevitable
Breastfeeding - consistently inevitable and connecting








No comments:

Post a Comment