......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Sunday 9 December 2012

Wrong indignation





Seriously. Unless the woman actually had HIV or hepatitis I can't see why they would need to test as a precautionary measure. Seems completely unnecessary, invasive and a major over reaction.

Another reason why mothers and babies should NOT be separated in hospital but come on. Another Mothers Breast milk (donated milk) is one of WHO's top recommendations, above formula. And there is evidence that breast feeding has a reduced risk of HIV transmission from mother to baby anyway.

I would rather my kid was breastfed by accident than formula fed. Just one bottle can rearrange gut flora with a negative outcome.

Such a shame that such a furore is made about breastfeeding other babies. It used to be common practice. The baby probably got some brilliant antibodies and immunity!

Ok. So it wasn't consensual. Ok. It was a terrible error of... Admin? Nursing ability? But it's not the end of the world.  I found it more depressing that she was formula feeding whilst lamenting that her baby had been given precious gold breastmilk.

Like I said. Mothers and baby's need to be kept together. 

Always.


No comments:

Post a Comment