......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Sunday 9 December 2012

Changing or taking them off?

I need to change again. I need to get naked!!! no! Wait. Haha my autocorrect changed that to naked (I have no idea how?). I am sure I was going to say, I need to get back to how I used to be. When I was trying harder, making more of an effort, to be nicer, to be gentler and more connecteder to others but especially my kids. How do I get that back? 



I mean it wasn't like I was the paragon of virtue. But I felt happier with the way I was speaking to my kids and the way we were speaking to each other. I felt more comfortable about my interactions with them and the way they were interacting with me. I was feeling less irritated by their presence and they were less annoyed with me. I don't want my children to feel unwanted. Unworthy. Unloved. Not listened to. Unhappy.


Sometimes I am Unprocessed. I need to get back on track and process my shit because I think I am passing it on to my kids. They don't need mine on top of everything else they need to process. I need to be their constant. Constant. Love. Constant rock. Constantly understood, listened to and heard. Connected.



Getting naked could be the answer ;)



Meltdowns - none. Too excited about Chanukah
Losing the plot - minor one at family gathering. All sorted.
Breastfeeding - soooooooo much. Tooth coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment