......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Thursday 23 May 2013

First time EVER!


Ellie and Maia have been invited to London at the weekend with my brother and his wife. Ellie is uber excited, I was uber excited at the idea of two less lives to be responsible for and Maia keeps changing her mind. They both only started sleepovers at grandmas and brothers in the last year. Up until then I was either still breastfeeding at night or we knew they were not ready.

We actually feel Maia is still not ready but we gave her the option, she said no initially but over the last week or so she has changed her mind back to yes, then tonight she changed it back again to not going. I'm interested to know which way she will go in the end. There is a massive pull for her to go with her sister and not miss out on an amazing trip but she knows we will be doing something special if she stays, in actual fact when she initially and adamantly decide she wasn't going, she insisted that we do something special too. 

The only thing that's stressing me slightly is the packing. Usually I pack weeks in advance but I've just not had the chance yet and I'm feeling like I've caught hubby's  last minuteitis. Except his doesn't have the worry symptom!

Actually, I'm also worried about how they will cope with people who aren't used to their open and frank displays of emotions (and their mental floobiness which will be compounded by mental excitedness!!!!). It will also be really hard for them to use cutlery ALL the time!!!



Meltdowns - so many it's scary
Losing the plot - a few but more restrained 
Breastfeeding - an awful lot




No comments:

Post a Comment