......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Thursday 6 June 2019

Radical or Woman

I'm beginning to think I may be a radical feminist as well as a lactivist and even though I'm just a wannabe unschooler, I'm definitely a CC/AP parent and I'm starting to be actually quite settled with my choices these days. I'm not trying to deliberately hurt anyone, I'm not hating anyone, I feel I'm promoting more protection and understanding of children. I'm not enticing anyone to be evil.

I have to say though I'm not too sure with having a radical since it has such a negative connotation these days. With the actual definition of radical though, I'm happy with that. 

In the beginning women who wanted to wear trousers were radical. Women who wanted to vote were radical. Women who want to drive. Women who want to marry AND work. Women who want to have abortions, go to university, have bank accounts. Women who don't want to be raped or beaten within marriage and fight against the law. 

It all starts with women, women feeling undervalued, diminished and unequal. 

Let's remember what 'radical' feminism has achieved for women's rights and still is. Let's remember what women have fought and struggled for and still do in many countries. Let's remember what women had to and still sometimes do have to endure during pregnancy and labour and marriage and let's not forget that many women died for these causes. 

If I'm a radical, then so be it. I prefer woman. 




Woman who sees injustice and wants to see change.





No comments:

Post a Comment