......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Thursday 7 May 2015

I'm done

Screen Free Week

Well the girls were brilliant today and played the whole time with not a mention of screens. We all went to Glasgow to vote and by the time we got home it was bedtime. Sorted for another day!!

Me on the other hand. Well I've cracked. I've had a look at facebook, I've used messenger, looked at websites and I've played a few scrabble games.  I couldn't take one more evening feeding Millie to sleep staring at the ceiling with my thoughts. 

It's 11.24pm, almost Friday and the tv is being connected as we speak and the girls will have the choice to use it tomorrow. I'd be most impressed if they chose not to but somehow, I doubt it.


As experiments go, it was interesting. The kids made the most of it and played brilliantly all the time, whilst I felt I just washed more dishes and didn't stop till I fell asleep!

I might suggest a screen free day just to keep up the pretence that it's better to be unplugged than plugged in!!



Losing the plot - Millie's clinginess tipped me over the edge today 
Meltdowns - zilcho
Breastfeeding - lambs would feed less


read about the first day here and the other days here and here


No comments:

Post a Comment