......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee BANG!!


Yes, I missed yesterdays blogging.  I fell asleep with the kids.  I wrote some of it in my head but the need for sleep took over.  Apparently, I can now blame it all on low ferritin! Not just content with giving birth a mere 7 months ago, still breastfeeding, still waking through the night and having two lively other kids, I can now blame low iron stores levels on my insane tiredness.  I look forward to amazing bounding unstoppable energy coming my way very soon!!

What I was going to tell you about was our Fireworks night.  I love fireworks.  They are magical and exciting and just. plain. cool.  The girls have been indoctrinated from birth.  Ellie was one for her first (being born at end of November!), Maia was 4months and Millie had her first show last night at 7months.  When they were young, for days before, I would pretend to be a firework and whizz bang pop as loud as I could, to get them used to what was coming!

Maia spent the whole afternoon whipping herself up into a frenzy of excitement spending the hour before going repeating lets go lets go lets go ad infinitum until hubby was home and we were sitting eating dinner as fast as we could whilst she was pulling on us and repeating.....only to fall asleep in the car before we got there.  She was gently woken by Ellie bawling 'FIREWORKS' in her face where she promptly burst into tears and refused to walk to the display.  So she went in the sling with daddy, meaning I had to back sling Millie.  I was hoping to rest my back but had also wanted to see her expression whilst on hubby's front.  

Once there, we found a good spot and within seconds, the display began.  Timing!!  Within another few seconds, Ellie decided she wanted to be on hubby's shoulders and whilst being hoiked up there, kicked Maia in the face with her VERY muddy boots.  Maia was understandably upset and covered in mud.  Then the man next to me started shouting 'BANG, oo awesome' in THE most annoying way BEFORE the bloody things had exploded.  I was beginning to wonder why I had bothered but decided to try and push that thought aside and listen and watch the joy.

It was worth it, Ellie oooooh'd and aaaaaah'd and screamed and squealed whilst Maia took joy in seeing Millie completely mesmerised by the amazing spectacular show.  I even managed to ignore the annoying banging man (almost!)

We then came home via a peek at a massive bonfire then happened to gatecrash a lovely neighbours display, where they gave us a packet of sparklers each for the girls, so sweet.  We took our sparklers out onto the roundabout and enjoyed some more of the night.

             I love fireworks!


Meltdowns - a muddy one
Losing the Plot - in B&Q earlier in day, another story..
Breastfeeding - not at the display (thank goodness!)





1 comment:

  1. Was brilliant. Was nice to have Maia in the sling - has been a long time and she really loved it. Though did want to have Millie on front!

    ReplyDelete