......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Summer update

I haven't had a chance to post much as we are trying to keep as busy as possible. Last week we had Maia's 5th bday party and a trip to see the octonauts at the sea life centre and some den building in the woods and a few NIN trips. 

We also just came home from a weekend Nurture in Nature camping trip which was just perfect. The sun shone, the pond invited, the woods shaded, the tent didn't leak. All in all it was super!! Communal living round a fire is just my idea of perfection. The sun helped of course. 

Ellie found her niche in the pond and was there 3-4 times a day. Maia enjoyed her independence and being able to come and go as she pleased and not have to traipse along with me all the time and Millie had an absolute ball travelling from tent to tent interacting with everyone. So much so that she has tried the same at home out the front going from door to door but to no avail!! Everyone was busy to the max and even Rileydog was comatose by mid afternoon with so much exercise! 

Myself, I just loved the freedom and the open air and having people around all the time. I am really lonely and sad without it and I think the neighbours washing is not enjoying my fire burning l, which I had wanted to continue. I love building and sustaining a fire and a good pokie stick is a must. Maybe next year I won't burn so many potatoes though!!

We are hoping to go camping as a family for a longer time in August but need to find someone to look after Rileydog. If you want to help us go camping and give me a proper break, you can donate here: http://www.gofundme.com/3lxpv0 

Thank you in advance and my stressed out plot losing self thanks you too!

Meltdowns - not in nature 
Losing the plot - so many places to go to calm down if needed
Breastfeeding - by the fire, by the pond, in the tent, in the woods, under the night sky, all over nature!!





No comments:

Post a Comment